Each camper will also have Electives during the Camp day, in which they can choose from a wide range of innovative, interesting and fun activities.
Electives are the "choice" blocks offered in the afternoon for campers in Base Camp and in Specialty Camps. Each Monday campers decide what activity they would like to do for their elective blocks on Mon/Tues, and then choose a different activity for Wed/Thurs in that same timeslot. As campers get older, there are more elective blocks in their schedule, and the choices reflect each age and stage of development.
How electives work:
- Middle Campers have 2 elective blocks on Mon/Tues, and choose 2 different activities for Wed/Thurs.
- Upper Campers and Half+Half Specialty Campers have 3 elective blocks on Mon/Tues, and choose 3 different activities for Wed/Thurs.
- Full Day Specialty Campers have 1 elective block for Mon/Tues, and choose a different activity for Wed/Thurs.
- Senior Campers have a more flexible schedule and may have between 2-4 elective blocks on Mon/Tues or Wed/Thurs.
- Lower Campers have a less structured elective process, gently introducing them to the process of choosing among a more limited selection of age appopriate activities. By maintaining a high level of flexibility we ensure that campers have fun and are successful.
Below is a sample list of some electives offered for Middle/Upper camp ages:
Slip and Slide
Duct Tape Art Jewelry Making
Ga Ga Ball
And many more!
Below is a sample list of some electives offered for Lower Campers:
Pom Pom Creatures
Slip and Slide